Wrexham is perfectly positioned for cycling enthusiasts offering a choice between the punishing but beautiful terrain in North Wales and the flat quiet country lanes of Cheshire and Shropshire. Club members often ride together as a group at weekends. These rides are ad hoc in nature and organised through the club’s Facebook page.
What to expect from a club ride?
- It almost goes without saying that you should wear a helmet!
- It is polite to bring all of the kit you would need to fix a puncture with you and not rely upon others.
- Hand signals are often used on the road to keep the group safe. If you are unsure, ask someone else in the group.
- This is a friendly club. If you turn up for a club ride and are struggling, you will not be left behind!
- Rides often contain a stop at a local café for a coffee, a cake and a friendly chat.
Wrecsam Tri is a cycling time trials affiliated club. This gives members access to a huge amount of time trial events throughout the country. There are many options on our doorstep. Please see cyclingtimetrials.org.uk for details.
In addition to these time trials, members regularly participate in sportives in the local area. Entering a sportive is a great way to challenge yourself to complete a certain distance or a certain route in a semi-supported environment.